3. What information does MacroTechnicals collect?
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Account Data: account and profile information that you provide when you register for an account or sign up for our products or services, includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier;
- Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Support Data: includes information you provide through support channels, for example when you report a problem to us or interact with our support team, including any contact information, documentation, or screenshots;
- Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction Data: includes details of any transactions, purchases, or orders that you’ve made with us
- Technical Data: includes information about your device or connection, for example your internet protocol (IP) address, log-in data, browser type and version, time-zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our products or services and information we collect through cookies and other data collection technologies;
- Usage Data: includes information about your use of or visit to our Platform, for example your clickstream to, through, and from our Platform, products you viewed, used, or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods to browse away from the page;
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect sensitive data or special category data about you. This includes details about your race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, bio-metrics, health, or sexual orientation.
4. How MacroTechnicals uses the information we collect
We only use your personal information where the law allows us to. We use your personal information only where:
- We need to perform the contract we have entered into (or are about to enter into) with you, including to operate our products or services, to provide customer support and personalised features, and to protect the safety and security of our Platform;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your fundamental rights or data protection interests, for example for research and development, and in order to protect our legal rights and interests
- You have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose, for example we may send you direct marketing materials or publish your information as part of our testimonials or customer stories to promote our products or services with your permission; or
- We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
If you have given us consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time by contacting us but please note this will not affect any use of your information that has already taken place.
We do not share your personal information with any company outside our group for marketing purposes, unless with your express specific consent to do so.
5. How MacroTechnicals share information we collect
- We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, support, improve, and market our products and services, for example third-party service providers who provide email management and data storage services.
- Third-party service providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing their services and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We require these third-party service providers to maintain confidentiality and security of all personal information that they process on our behalf and to implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information.
- We take reasonable steps to confirm that all third-party service providers that we engage process personal information in the manner that provides at least the same level of protection as is provided under this policy. Where any third-party provider is unable to satisfy our requirements, we will require them to notify us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop non-compliant processing.
- We may share personal information on an aggregated or de-identified basis with third parties for research and analysis, profiling, and similar purposes to help us improve our products and services.
- If you use any third-party software in connection with our products or services, for example any third-party software that our Platform integrates with, you might give the third-party software provider access to your account and information. Policies and procedures of third-party software providers are not controlled by us, and this policy does not cover how your information is collected or used by third-party software providers. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party software providers before you use the third-party software.
- Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites or submit information to them, your information will be governed by their policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites before you submit information to them.
- We may share your information with government and law enforcement officials to comply with applicable laws or regulations, for example when we respond to claims, legal processes, law enforcement, or national security requests.
- If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, or business transfer, your personal information may be disclosed and/or transferred to a third party in connection with such a transaction. We will notify you if such a transaction takes place and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your information.
6. How MacroTechnicals store and secure information we collect
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, please note that no transmission of information on the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that your information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or processed by us, is absolutely safe and secure.
We only retain personal information for so long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. After such time, we will delete or anonymise your information, or if this is not possible, we will securely store your information and isolate it from further use. We periodically review the basis and appropriateness of our data retention policy.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. How MacroTechnicals transfers information internationally
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the United States.
Some of the countries in which our companies or service providers are located may not have the privacy and data protection laws that are equivalent to those in your country of residence. When we share information with these companies or service providers, we make use of contractual clauses, corporate rules, and other appropriate mechanisms to safeguard the transfer of information.
8. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have, under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, the right to:
- Be informed of what we do with your personal information;
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal information we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal information (note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with our legal obligations);
- Object to or restrict the processing by us of your personal information (including for marketing purposes);
- Request to receive some of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and request that we transfer such information to another party; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information (although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent).
Any request above will normally be addressed free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the unsubscribe link in our communications, by updating your preferences within your account on our Platform, or by contacting us. Please note, however, that even if you opt out from receiving marketing materials from us, you will continue to receive notifications or information from us that are necessary for the use of our products or services.
As a security measure, we may need specific information from you to help us confirm your identity when processing your privacy requests or when you exercise your rights.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests.
9. Policy towards children
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from an individual under 18.
10. Contact us
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us in the first instance if you have any questions or concerns. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority in the country where you live or work or where you feel your rights have been infringed. If you reside in the United Kingdom, you may file a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Last updated: 7 July 2020